Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's finally Fall!

Since it's actually starting to feel like Fall here, the other night I finally started to put together my little felt leaves. I was inspired by this. But I wanted to use a lot more fall colors in mine, and well just a lot more colors. Cutting out all the little pieces was pretty time consuming, but I did it when I was watching a movie so it didn't seem quite as long.



Once I had cut out some from all the different color felt I wanted to use, I laid them out on the table and started matching bigger leaves with smaller leaves.


Then I just strung them together with a needle and some dmc floss.


All the while I had a little friend keeping me company.


He's just the cutest thing ever (most of the time). He sat down next to me on the couch and said he wanted to be like his Auntie Amy and put his fake glasses on. Then we watched Charlie Brown and Ice Age. We had so much fun laughing and playing.


I loved that he kept me company while I was doing my project. At the end of the night I had a nice little leaf garland that was about 7 feet long. It turned out really cute and I can put it just about anywhere to make it look a little more festive. And I can leave it up til Thanksgiving!

And I still have more leaves and felt left over so I'm gonna make more. Can't wait!

xoxo

1 comment:

britt said...

CUTEST EVER!! HOL WANTS ONE!

and can. that child is beautiful. you are such a good auntykins!